Post title blog pager

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Farewell to North America

Sunset over Barkley Sound from Bamfield, British Columbia
Well, that brings to a close my posts from the Americas. In just under 9 months since I started this blog, I've travelled over 19000 km, I've visited 3 Canadian provinces, 7 American states and 4 Mexican states. I've posted 133 species, and seen many more that I haven't got a good photo of.

The Grizzly Giant in Yosemite National Park, California

Among the species that were seen but not counted are the coyote (Canis latrans), the American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis), the blue jay (Cyanocitta cristata), the peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus), and the roseate spoonbill (Platalea ajaja).

Sunset over the Louisiana swamp

The time will certainly come when I return to the Americas, and when I do I hope to be better equipped, and ready to pick up these species and many others, as well as seeing a whole lot more of the continent.

Xalapa skyline
The next adventure will be Australia, where I will be living for the immediate future.

Vernal Falls, Yosemite National Park, California

0 comments:

Post a Comment