Post title blog pager

Sunday, March 20, 2011

#1 Homo sapiens

Homo sapiens Linnaeus 1758
IUCN Redlist: Critically endangered
Location: undisclosed to protect the species
Time: 1855 UTC March 18 2011


Sightings of this unusual species have been reported from around the world, but very little is known of its habits or life history, and due to its elusive habits it has no widely accepted common name. Despite finding a lot of signs of their presence at this location, this was the only shot of one I managed to take, as it disappeared among the trees. I have spotted this species before, but this is the only photograph I have taken of one.

While I recognise that this post violates my image quality rule, but I expect that under the circumstances all my zero current readers will approve of my counting this species.

IUCN Red List

0 comments:

Post a Comment